Thursday 1 September 2011

9 More Days

Artwalk (www.artwalk.ca) : The largest juried art show in the Okanagan begins in 9 days and I still have to get together my portfolio, cards and yes I still have to complete a painting. I've always been like this, rushing for deadlines but it stirs creativity and commitment.
Last year I entered into Artwalk as it being my first ever show and I had so much fun. Meeting other artists, interacting with locals, tourists and the opinionated, I had my first taste of what it would be like to be a professional artist. I LOVED IT. I had great response from so many supporters and sold half my works which enabled me to stay at home with my daughter Joni for another month on maternity leave. It also gave me a huge kick in the ass to really push myself to get out there and live the dream that every artist has.
As my one year anniversary as I'll call it comes to a close I am proud of what I've accomplished and excited for the possibilities of year two.
I had an artist critique night with two other local artists last week to go over our paintings that we will be displaying, our sales tactics and any other questions we had. It was extremely helpful and I'm looking forward to attending another artist meeting the Monday following Artwalk.
So as I count down the days, stay up late painting and hope that I'm organized I decided to start up blog while I'm at it. It's been on my to-do list for months, so here I am.
I hope you like it and I promise to be committed!

No comments:

Post a Comment