Monday 18 June 2012

April & May

Well, even though we're well past April and May and the two major events where previously blogged about, I'm still going to write about what else happened!

Early April was spent locked in my studio late in the evenings, during naps and on the days where I wasn't at the office. I completed my past painting and you can read all about my Gibsons Public Art Gallery Exhibition here http://leannespanza.blogspot.ca/2012/05/my-first-solo-exhibition.html

'The Lights (Triptyck) 16" x 60"


Once back from the opening I took a few days break before starting on my next original for Therapy Vineyards and the release party May 10th. I completed two paintings, on Titled Mini Summerland and the other titled Spring as below. Both have since sold and you can read about the fabulous release party here http://leannespanza.blogspot.ca/2012/06/wine-label.html My art will be at Therapy Vineyards in Naramata throughout the summer.

'Spring' 18" x 24" $225 - SOLD
After the release party I had a commission to complete for my best friend Morgan and her husband Mike. They wanted me to create my largest painting and of the West Coast Wilderness Lodge where they were married last year. After a couple of sketches we agreed on a concept and I enlisted my friend Christina to help me build the canvas as Opus doesn't sell ones that large. After it was all built, this is how it looked in my studio, my largest painting yet, 60" x 60".


I had lots of fun painting it and it was the first time I've ever taken steps while sketching and painting! When it was done I took it off the frame, rolled it up and packaged it to go on the plane with me for the trip to Boston. I was  really excited, this was going to be my first solo flight and trip since Joni was born and I was really looking forward to spending some quality time with Morgan. The trip was wonderful and the painting made it safe and sound. Morgan and Mike were thrilled with how it turned out and below is the finished piece. They toured me throughout the city, saw a Red Sox game, spent the day at Crane Beach, ate at fabulous restaurants and had wine at lunch. 

'Westcoast Wilderness Lodge' 60" x 60"
The month went by so fast and it's hard to believe we're half way through June already. 
Below are the paintings that now hang on the walls of the wonderful people who purchased my art in April and May.
'A View Up Top' - 24"x 48" SOLD


'Mini Revy' 12"x12" SOLD

'West Coast Town' 12" x 12" SOLD

'Sailing' - 24" x 36" SOLD

'A Mountain Town' - 12" x 12" SOLD
'Arbutus Tree II' - 24" x 18" SOLD
'Rock Islands' 18" x 36" SOLD
'Garden Bay' - 36" x 48" SOLD
'The Falls' - 36" x 24" SOLD

'Sunday Afternoon' 48" x 24" - SOLD

'Rogers Pass' 18" x 36" - SOLD


 

1 comment:

  1. I am on the first page and I already think Amazing!! Great art beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete